Have you ever used a sauna before? Do you really know how long should you stay in an infrared sauna or which are the benefits, risks and side effects of ozone sauna therapy? This is the right place to be. This article will reveal everything you need to know about infrared sauna and ozone therapy.
What is a sauna?
A sauna is a place with high temperatures. Typically, the temperatures are between 158° to 212° Fahrenheit or 70° to 100° Celsius. At these high temperatures, heavy sweating occurs. In fact, this is the main purpose of a sauna. A sauna should cause excessive sweating all over the body. Using a sauna regularly will provide a lot of benefits. Your skin will look younger and you will feel more relaxed. More than that, sauna will help you lose weight and will improve your cardiovascular performance. However, it is very important to understand that there are also some possible health risks. Keep in mind that the biggest enemy of saunas is dehydration. A good rule of thumb is to drink plenty of water before you enter the sauna.
Saunas can be classified into three categories, such as:
- the infrared saunas which are made to heat only the user’s body and not the entire room. Although the temperatures in an infrared sauna are lower than in other saunas, the user sweats in a similar way. These types of saunas are about 60° Celsius.
- the wood burning saunas which use wood as fuel instead of electricity to heat the place. They are usually high in temperatures and low in humidity.
- the electrically heated saunas which are equipped with electrical heaters to maintain high temperatures in the sauna. They are high in temperatures and low in humidity.
There are so many reasons you should use a sauna and the benefits are incredible. Several sauna sessions will help you say goodbye to sore muscles and pain from exercise. Sauna acts as a tranquilizing effect, reducing muscle soreness and relaxing your body. Also, your blood vessels dilate and your body’s circulation increases.
According to American medical research, sauna is the greatest enemy against illness. It can reduce colds and flu. High temperatures improve your immune system, encouraging it to produce white blood cells which kill bacteria, fungi and viruses.
What is ozone sauna therapy?
The most important thing to know about this therapy is that it acts as a catalyst that removes the toxins accumulates in your body. The ozone sauna therapy is considered one of the most powerful cleansing modality. From a chemical point of view, ozone is oxygen with extra molecule added. According to specialists, ozone is so powerful that it destroys all those sick and deformed cells. The ozone therapy session takes about 30 minutes and it provides a plethora of benefits.
Benefits of using this therapy
- It boosts blood circulation, cellular respiration, heart function, brain and memory function, digestion.
- It removes toxins, chemicals and cellulite.
- It eliminates viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
- It relaxes muscles and increases muscle flexibility.
- It helps to prevent heart attacks, diabetes, asthma, premature aging, sinusitis, ulcers, tumors, and ore other diseases.
- It will make your skin radiate.
- It will help you fall asleep faster.
- It will make your hair and nail grow stronger, longer and faster.
The benefits of using this therapy are balanced by possible health risks. We admit that there are many references about the safe use of the ozone therapy from various specialists, therapists and doctors, but it is very important to understand that at high levels in the air, this can be extremely harmful to humans. In the following lines are revealed the most common side effects and risks of this therapy.
According to the American Center for Biological Medicine, ozone should never be inhaled. Accidental inhalation can cause nausea and headache. More than that, your eyes can burn or you can cough. In what regards the rectal treatments, they may give mild discomfort and cramps. Also, it is possible to experience a gurgling sensation. However, you shouldn’t worry about these feelings because they are temporary and will pass soon. Another side effect you may experience with this therapy is Herxheimer Reaction. This will make you feel cold and flu or you can feel very bad, but for a short period of time. After that, you can feel more energetic and with a high level of vitality.